TodayI am sharing the recipe of Kerala style moru Sambharam. It is a curd based savorydrink (flavored with ginger, curry leaves and chilies), it cools down the bodythe way no soft drink can ever do. It served at Sadya as it help to settle downthe heaviness after such a huge spread and also aids digestion. If you haven'ttasted this yet, do give this a try soon to feel energetic!!
PlainYogurt/Curd 1 cup
Water 2 cups
Greenchilies 2 no.
Curryleaves 2 spring
Salt To Taste.
CrushedIce as needed
- Crushginger, chilies and using a mortar and pestle. Keep aside
- Addthe yogurt to the blender jar, add water and pulse it 2-3 times to mix well.
- Addfew crushed ice cubes along with salt, and blend all the ingredients together. Pureeuntil smooth.
- Transferthis mixture in a bowl add crushed ginger , green chilies and curry leaves. Mixwell.
- Transferto a large pitcher and chill in the refrigerator for 10-15 minutes.
- Pourthe chilled butter milk into the glasses .
- Spice level can beadjusted according to your preference.
- You can also addHing powder, a pinch of cumin seed powder and crushed Mint leaves to the buttermilk.
- The yogurt should beslightly sour to get the actual flavors. -